Sunday, July 29, 2012

Ryan Lochte Wins Gold

Ryan Lochte Wins Gold in 400-Meter Individual Medley, Michael Phelps Finishes in Fourth OUCH!!!!!

It's safe to say Michael Phelps' last stint in the Olympics is not going as smoothly as he had hoped thus far.
The swimming legend, who gave his training performance a "B-plus, A-minus" right before the games began, fell short during his highly anticipated duel with teammate Ryan Lochte, coming in fourth place in the 400-meter individual medley Saturday night.
Lochte dominated the race, winning by more than three seconds, to take home the gold.





"It was just a crappy race," Phelps told the Network NBC. "I felt fine the first 200, then I don't know. They just swam a better race than me, a smarter race than me, and were better prepared than me. That's why they're on the medal stand." 
This was the first time since the 2000 Olympics that Phelps didn't win at least a bronze medal in an Olympic race.
"I think I'm kind of in shock right now," Lochte told NBC. "I know [Phelps] gave it everything he had. That's all you can ask for."

No comments:

Post a Comment